Bei IHG Rewards kommen Veränderungen …
IHG ist für überraschende negative Veränderungen legendär. Das Royal Ambassador Programm war da normalerweise das Spielfeld. Jetzt trifft es IHG Rewards. Ab März gibt es ein Update für IHG Rewards.
- Spire Elite wird Diamond Elite
- Die Anforderungen für Qualifikation über Statuspunkte werden annähernd verdoppelt!
- Eigentlich gelten für 2022 geringere Statusanforderungen (siehe App). Die lässt man März 2022 auslaufen und es gelten bereits 2022 die neuen Anforderungen.
- Ein neuer Silver Elite Status wird eingeführt.
- Diamond Elite über Nächte wird man statt 75 nun nach 70 Nächten.
“Current IHG Rewards Tiers
1. What is happening to my status in 2022?
All current Elite statuses (Gold, Platinum and Spire Elite) were extended through February 2023.
2. What is the current tier qualification structure?
From January 1, 2022 until the new program launches during March, the current reduced program earn structure will remain in place:
-You can qualify for Gold Elite by earning 7,000 Qualified Points or staying 7 Qualified Nights.
-You can qualify for Platinum Elite by earning 30,000 Qualified Points or staying 30 Qualified Nights.
-You can qualify for Spire Elite by earning 55,000 Qualified Points or staying 55 Qualified Nights.
New Elite Tiers
1. When will these new Elite tiers appear in my IHG Rewards account?
Your new tier structure will appear in your IHG Rewards account during March.
2. What tier will I be in after these changes take effect?
All members’ statuses have been extended through February 2023. This means that Gold Elite and Platinum Elite members’ tier names will not change during 2022. Spire Elite members will see their tier name change from Spire Elite to Diamond Elite when the new program launches.
Once the new tier structure goes live during March, using the new criteria as shown in the table below, we will start to move members who have qualified for an upgrade into a higher tier.
3. Will I be downgraded if I haven’t achieved the new nights threshold?
All Elite statuses have been extended through February 2023. However, once the new program has launched, if you did not reach the qualified nights or points threshold between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022, your status will be downgraded in early 2023.
4. My status was gifted – what will happen to my status in 2022?
All Elite statuses, including those gifted, have been extended through February 2023.
5. What constitutes an Elite qualifying “night”?
This includes Nights stayed on loyalty Qualifying Rates, Reward Nights and Free Nights. A Qualifying Room Rate is a rate that is eligible to earn IHG Rewards points or airline miles. Qualifying Rates include most business and leisure rates; please see the program terms and conditions for details.
6. Will roll-over nights still exist?
In 2022, Platinum Elite and Diamond Elite members’ qualified paid nights and Reward Nights that were completed in 2021 and were over and above the threshold to reach that Elite tier in 2021 will rollover into 2022 and count towards status.
In 2023, Gold Elite, Platinum Elite and Diamond Elite members’ qualified paid nights and Reward Nights that are completed in 2022 and are over and above the threshold to reach that Elite tier, will rollover into 2023 and count towards status.
Bonus Earning Structure & Benefits
1. When will the new bonus earning structure take effect?
The new bonus earning structure will take effect during March.
2. Will my points expire if I don’t use them?
As a key benefit of our program, points never expire for Elite members (now Silver Elite, Gold Elite, Platinum Elite and Diamond Elite). Points expire for Club members after 12 months of inactivity.
3. Are there new benefits associated with the new tiers and will I still receive all the current benefits associated with my tier?
We can’t reveal all the details just yet, but stay tuned for the official launch of the new IHG Rewards program later this year. You’ll hear more about our new benefits and all the updated ways to earn and redeem.
Ambassador & Royal Ambassador
1. Are the Ambassador or Royal Ambassador loyalty programs changing as part of the new IHG Rewards loyalty program?
No, we are not making changes to the Ambassador or Royal Ambassador programs at this time.
2. Is my Ambassador status being extended?
No, Ambassador status must be renewed each year.
3. Is my Royal Ambassador status being extended?
Yes, Royal Ambassador status has been extended through December 2022.
4. I’m a Royal Ambassador – will I receive a new Royal Ambassador Free Night?
Yes, all current Royal Ambassador Free Nights will expire and be reissued annually for eligible members.
5. I’m a Royal Ambassador – will I receive a new Complimentary Weekend Night certificate?
Yes, all current Complimentary Weekend Night certificates will expire and be reissued annually for eligible members.
6. I’m an Ambassador member – will I receive a new Complimentary Weekend Night certificate upon renewal?
Yes, Complimentary Weekend Night certificates expire with the Ambassador membership and new ones are issued upon renewal.
Kimpton Inner Circle
1. Is the Kimpton Inner Circle loyalty program changing as part of the new IHG Rewards loyalty program?
No, we are not making changes to the Kimpton Inner Circle program at this time.
2. Is my Inner Circle Status being extended?
Yes, Inner Circle status has been extended through December 2022.
3. Will Inner Circle members receive a new New Hotel Free Night?
Yes, New Hotel Free Nights are reissued annually in January to eligible members.”
Zur Info Page: New Year, New Rewards
Eine Vorschau zu neuen Statusbenefits gibt es nicht. Gerade IHG Rewards ist im Vergleich zu den anderen Programmen ein wenig lahm. Kein Frühstück, Club Zugang oder garantiertes Upgrade als Benefit, nicht einmal für Top-Tier Status.
– Aktuelle Kreditkarten Deals –
25.000 Miles and More Meilen mit der Gold Privatkarte / 35.000 Miles and More Meilen mit der Gold Businesskarte
Derzeit gibt es wieder einen erhöhten Bonus beim Abschluss einer Miles and More Privat- oder Businesskarte. Man sammelt mit allen Umsätzen Miles and More Meilen. Meilen sind vor dem Verfall geschützt. Für 2022 hat man das große Versicherungspaket um eine Quarantäneversicherung erweitert.
Zu den Infos: Hier die Miles & More Credit Card Gold beantragen!
5.000 Payback Punkte mit der kostenlosen American Express Payback Karte
Der Abschluss der beitragsfreien American Express Payback Karte bringt 5.000 Punkte. Die kann man wie gewohnt 1:1 in Miles and More Meilen umwandeln.
Zu den Infos: Hier die American Express Payback Card beantragen!
Stolzer Erfinder der Freizeit! Seit 2011 helfe ich Millionen Besuchern ihre Reisen zu optimieren! Stay connected! Abonniere doch meine neue private Facebook Gruppe: Meilen – Punkte – Upgrades – Status – Deals