British Airways hat wieder mal die First Upgrade Promo für Business Tickets laufen …
Bei British Airways gibt es für bestimmte Business Tickets eine Promo für ein First Upgrade auf eine Teilstrecke. Bevor man sich zu früh freut: Die günstige British Airways Buchungsklasse I (darin sind die meisten Sale Promos) ist ausgenommen. Nicht alle First Sitze sind verfügbar (wenn Verfügbarkeit mit Meilen gegeben ist, sind die Chancen gut).
Die Buchung funktioniert über das BA Callcenter.
Aufpassen: Man bucht die eine First Teilstrecke wirklich in A! (= höhere Meilenausbeute)
Die Bedingungen sind ein wenig obszön lang (Hervorhebungen durch mich):
“1. This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person resident in selected countries in Europe, aged 18 years or over, who books and travels on a Qualifying Flight (see definition below). British Airways Plc (“BA”) reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they unconditionally accept the terms and conditions set out below.
a) For transatlantic flights including USA, Canada and Mexico participating countries in Europe are: UK, Belgium, Germany, Greece, Denmark, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden, Spain and Switzerland.
b) For other long-haul flights participating countries in Europe are: UK, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
c) From Israel and Russia, flights to London are included in this offer.
d) Flights to Tokyo (TYO) and Doha (DOH) are exempt from this offer.
2. A Qualifying Flight:
a) is a published fully or semi-flexible return fare in Club World on a selected BA mainline service or a selected BA marketed codeshare service (see clause 9), departing from the countries mentioned under clause 1;
b) must compromise of one sector that is booked in either J, C, D or R class on fare basis codes which include ‘UP’ within the naming convention and another sector that is booked in A class (subject to availability);
c) must be booked and travelled between the dates specified in clauses 3 and 4;
d) and is not valid on flights purchased using other offers or promotions, including redemption bookings using Avios.
3. Times and dates within which Qualifying Flights must be booked: bookings must be made from 9 January – 30 March 2018 inclusive.
4. Qualifying Flight travel dates (applicable to J, C, D, R and A classes): Outbound flights must commence from 9 January – 16 April 2018 inclusive and all travel must be completed by 22 Apr 2018.
5. Eligible Participants who make a booking for a Qualifying Flight with one sector in J, C, D and R class, between 9 January – 30 March 2018, and another sector in A class, for travel on the booked Qualifying Flight between 9 January – 30 March 2018, will, subject to the Eligible Participant having booked a flight on an eligible long haul route and in the appropriate class and with the appropriate fare basis code as detailed in clauses 2(b) or 2(c) above, be permitted to an upgrade either on the outbound or return part of the Qualifying Flight from Club World to First (booking class A). All upgrades are subject to availability at the time of booking.
6. Bookings must be made with a travel agent or by contacting the local BA Call Centre. This promotion does not apply to bookings made on ba.com. No pre-registration is required for the upgrade.
7. Eligible Participants must request the upgrade at the time of booking. All Qualifying Flights must start and finish in the selected countries as mentioned under clause 1 and all tickets must be purchased and ticketed in one of those countries. The upgrade to First cannot be requested on existing bookings.
8. Please be advised that not all fare types will be eligible for this promotion. To be sure of purchasing an eligible ticket for this promotion when booking, please request an eligible fare using the classes and fare basis codes listed in clause 2 of these terms and conditions.
9. Flights on BA’s franchisees, codeshare partners or oneworld® alliance members are excluded with the exception of American Airlines, Finnair, Iberia and OpenSkies operated flights to the US. For full details about BA’s franchisees, code share partners and oneworld alliance members please visit britishairways.com/travel/baalliance.
10. Routes that do not operate with a First cabin cannot be used as one sector of the Qualifying Flight to receive the upgrade except on the LCY-JFK service. In this instance, the upgrade can only be taken on the Heathrow to New York (JFK or EWR) or New York (JFK or EWR) to Heathrow sector of the Qualifying Flight, subject to availability. Passengers can book the LCY-JFK service in Club World to qualify, but as there is no First cabin on the LCY- JFK service they must use the LHR-JFK/EWR in one direction to take advantage of the upgrade offer. Please check available routes when booking as (i) certain routes may be excluded from this promotion, (ii) routes may be withdrawn from this promotion at any time and without notice.
a) This offer is valid on all routes except those listed below; London Gatwick (LGW) – Barbados (BGI), Bermuda (BDA), Cancun (CUN), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), St Lucia (UVF), Oakland (OAK), Orlando (ORL), Port of Spain (POS) and Tampa (TPA). Plus all flights to Tokyo (TYO) and Doha (DOH).
11. Please be advised that BA may charge a non-refundable service fee per person per ticket at the time of booking. Further details and conditions on service fees for tickets purchased through BA direct channels can be found on ba.com by entering “global service fees” in the search box. Bookings via a travel agent may also incur a booking fee. Please contact your travel agent for any other applicable service fees when purchasing a ticket directly from them.
12. Qualifying Flights and upgrades are subject to availability and capacity control in the booking classes eligible for this promotion at the time of booking. In particular, the upgrade to First (A class) is subject to capacity in the First cabin on your chosen flight. Seats available for this promotion on each flight are limited and may be fully booked during peak periods, even though seats are still available in a different booking class in the same cabin. BA does not accept any liability in the event that Eligible Participants are unable to book a Qualifying Flight or if seats in First (A class) are not available on a given date within the Promotional Period.
13. There is no limit to the number of times an Eligible Participant can take advantage of the upgrade offer during the Promotional Period.
14. If the aircraft is substituted for one that does not have a First cabin for any logistical, operational, technical or other reason, Eligible Participants will be seated, subject to availability, in the long haul business cabin (BA Club World). No compensation will be offered in this event.
15. No upgrades are available on connecting flights, transfers or add-ons, or any other non-Qualifying Flights that the Eligible Participant may wish to take.
16. Upgrades are non-transferable and no cash or credit alternative will be offered. The promotion has no cash value.”
Angesichts der First Preise die wir von BA immer wieder erleben, wirkt diese Promo ein wenig kompliziert. Gerade die Ausnahme der Buchungsklasse I macht die Promo eher uninteressant. Vielleicht für ein Firmenticket …